click here The Liebster Award
A huge blog win for Nutrition Abroad is being nominated for the Liebster Award and the Mystery Blogger Award by Ha Truong, the creative writer behind “ go to site Expatolife“, a blog that combines being an ‘Expat’ and ‘Life’. She has lived as an expat in both Denmark and Japan, so understands the struggles that other expats have when first moving abroad. Her blog aims to share her experiences with you on being an expat and traveling the world. Thank so much for the nomination!
buy propecia online paypal What is the “Liebster Award”?
The Liebster Award is more of a recognition than an award, and is given to bloggers from bloggers. From what I know, the award was created to recognize or discover new bloggers. It helps to promote new bloggers and encourage or motivate them to continue doing what they do best! I am very grateful for this nomination after all my hard work!
Answers to Ha Truong’s Questions for my Nomination
1. What is the best memory that you have while traveling?
I took a boat ride down the Kinabatangan river in Malaysian Borneo and was lucky enough to see wild orangutans, wild Pygmy elephants, proboscis monkeys, and a variety of other wildlife on just one trip! As a wildlife lover this was a big moment for me. I remember seeing the proboscis monkeys on National Geographic one time when I was younger, and I always wanted to know where they were and if I would have the opportunity to see them up close and personal.
2. What is the most extreme thing you have ever done?
I wrote about this in my other award nomination as well, but definitely riding motorcycle taxi’s all throughout Bangkok (and without a helmet!). It’s a terrifying experience and not one I recommend. The drivers are fast and have no fear! CNN once listed it as #17 on their list of most dangerous activities to do before you die.
3. Have you ever had something romantic while traveling?
My (now) husband propose to me on the very first day we moved to Thailand in 2011 when I was 25. We woke up early to watch the sunrise on Nai Harn Beach in Phuket. We walked to the end of the beach where there were large rock boulders and climbed up to get a better view. Before leaving he pulled out a ring box. I was absolutely shocked and it was one of the best memories of my life.
4. Do you prefer to travel alone or with someone?
I prefer to travel with people. My number one travel partner is my husband. We are currently traveling the world together for 10 months, and have lived abroad in Thailand and backpacked South East Asia for 6 months as well. However I never pass on an opportunity to travel with my best friends and have some quality girl time!
5. What is your favorite travel book?
My absolute favorite travel book that inspires me to keep doing what I love is ‘Tales of a Female Nomad: Living at Large in the World’ by Rita Golden Gelman. Her experiences are inspirational and a must-read for any fellow female travelers, especially solo travelers.
6. What is your worst experience on the road?
So many! What I hate the most is getting injured. I was stung by a mystery orange wasp on a train in Thailand once that was the worst pain I have ever felt. It turned my hand a brownish color from the poison and my arm went numb for a short period of time. The stinger was so large it could only be pulled out with tweezers (thanks to my nurse friend Bianca for being with me and having a first aid kit on her!). The hole where the stinger had been stayed infected for nearly 2 months. I am still convinced it was a Tarantula Wasp, but others might disagree with me 🙂
7. What/Who inspires you to travel the world?
As long as I can remember I have loved to travel. I grew up traveling around the US and Puerto Rico with my family so that’s probably where my passion started. Now I am inspired by the people I meet, the culture I get to understand, and the food I get to eat! I love meeting fellow travelers. The people you meet on the road can become your best friends because they are so much alike you.
8. How do you save up to travel?
I work for awhile and then spend all my money 🙂 The first backpacking trip I did in South East Asia I had saved from teaching English at a government school. I didn’t have too much money but it’s so cheap to travel in Asia. For my current 10 month trip my husband and I saved for 2 years from our teaching job at an International School in Thailand. You need a lot more money to travel around the world then just in Asia!
9. Do you have any advice for a new blogger?
Learn, learn, learn. My biggest regret is not spending more time understanding how things like SEO, marketing, and HTML can impact your blog being noticed. You don’t have to pay for a class, just read a lot and watch YouTube videos!
10. Where do you think is the best place to go in the summer?
Depends on where you are located and what your summer is like! If you live in the US, then of course I would recommend going to the beach! I love the beaches on the East coast for swimming in the warm waters. If you live abroad, say in South East Asia, then you want to get as far away from the beach as possible in the summer! The temperatures are far too intense! Go to Japan or somewhere high up in the mountains!
Additional Requirements for the Nomination:
10 Random Things About Me!
1. I love microbiology. I am obsessed with bacteria, good or bad.
2. My favorite show (besides Game of Thrones of course, duh) is Lost. I could re-watch it over and over.
3. My favorite pastime is curling up on a couch with a soft blanket, a cat or dog, and a good movie.
4. I have traveled to 22 countries as of 2017, but will have visited nearly 35 by the end of 2018.
5. I dream of opening a lodge/hostel in the US. Dream becoming a reality soon!
6. I love art, whether it’s drawing, painting, pottery, mosaics, etc. although I am not very good at it!
7. I am Michael Jackson’s #1 fan.
8. I love to read fiction books, and I like it even more if I am reading from a hammock.
9. I would love to live next to a body of water someday, preferably a lake (no one wants sand all over their house!)
10. I really dislike writing random facts about myself.
My Favorite Blog
Recently I have been reading a lot of posts from Daniel Kiteski from ‘Passport Symphony‘. His photos are incredible and I love the style of his writing. We write about similar topics, specifically posts geared towards the budget traveler. Make sure to check him out!
Questions for my Nominee’s
1. What’s your biggest piece of advice for other bloggers?
2. What was your first travel experience and how did it change the way you looked at travel?
3. What country would you recommend everyone to travel to at some point in their life?
4. What is one item that you take on every trip?
5. What is your favorite website for finding cheap airfare?
6. What inspired you to become a blogger?
7. What is your biggest blogging achievement?
8. If you could choose one place in the world to live, where would it be and why?
9. What is the most difficult part of being a blogger?
10. What’s your favorite drink or food item from all the countries you have visited?
If you are a fellow blogger and want your blog noticed, contact me for nomination!
Rules for Liebster Award
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and put a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”.
3. Write a 150-300 word post about your favorite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
4. Provide 10 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers.
6. List these rules in your post
7. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post.