Thai-Fusion Lettuce Wraps
Thai-Fusion lettuce wraps are great for multiple occasions. They make a perfect appetizer to take to a party , a picnic, or for dinner at home We call it “Thai-Fusion”, because it has many of the same ingredients that Summer Rolls might have in Thailand, but with a little twist!
What You Need for Thai-Fusion Lettuce Wraps:
Head of iceberg lettuce (Don’t freak out, iceberg lettuce isn’t going to hurt you. Yes, it’s not as rich in nutrients as other greens, but you need the fresh crispness of iceberg for this recipe, and as long as you’re not using iceberg lettuce as your sole source of vegetables – you’ll be okay!)
Slow-baked tofu – Click here for the recipe (you can double the recipe by using another package of tofu)
1/2 cup of chopped Mint leaves (If you’re using a double recipe of the baked tofu, double this as well)
1/2 cup of chopped Cilantro ((If you’re using a double recipe of the baked tofu, double this as well)
1 large Green Apple or 1 1/2 small Green Apples (as always- it’s up to you! Depending on your taste preference)
Ginger-Peanut Vinaigrette – Click here for the recipe
Package or two of Sprouts (Any kind of sprouts, or a combination of a few kinds, either from the grocery store of if you want to learn how to sprout your own seeds, click here)
Chopped Green Onions (optional)
Directions: Once you’ve made the slow-baked tofu and the ginger-peanut vinaigrette, you’re almost finished!
1. Chop the green apple very finely.
2. Chop the mint leaves and cilantro.
3. Combine the chopped tofu, apple, mint, and cilantro together. Squeeze a generous amount of lime. Taste the combination, if you need more of something, add it!
4. Wash the Iceberg lettuce , cut off the bottom, and carefully peel the lettuce from the head. You want your wraps to be roughly 6″ long by 4″ wide. This is not an exact science, the wraps do not have to be perfect, don’t stress yourself out about this.
5. Pour the ginger-peanut vinaigrette in a bowl, place the sprouts in a separate bowl, pour the tofu/apple/mint/cilantro combination into a separate bowl, and place the stack of lettuce wraps on a plate.
6. Let people serve themselves! Take one lettuce wrap, put a tablespoon or two of the tofu on it, a tablespoon of sprouts, and a tablespoon of dressing, and roll it up!