Roasted Cauliflower and Red Pepper Soup
I’ve made a few dishes lately using cauliflower and red pepper. It’s nice to be able to buy a few ingredients, and have many dishes you can make from them. I made a buy prednisone australia and a buy prednisone online australia. Notice they all involved roasting the vegetables! It’s so easy to cut up the vegetables, cover them with a little coconut oil, salt, and pepper, and stick them in the oven to roast! Then when they’re finished, you can make a variety of different dishes, and the roasting process leaves behind great flavor. Here is the recipe for Roasted cauliflower and red pepper soup!
This recipe makes roughly 5-6 bowls of soup.
What You Need:
1/2 head of cauliflower
2 red peppers
1 cup of vegetable broth
5-6 cloves of garlic
1/2 cup of sliced shallots
Pink Himalayan Sea Salt and Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
1. Wash your vegetables and herbs (cauliflower, red pepper, and rosemary)
2. Take the half head of cauliflower and cut it into normal cauliflower sized pieces. Take each of the red peppers and cut them into four equal pieces (8 total).
3. Rub coconut oil lightly over each piece of cauliflower and each section of red pepper. Crack black pepper and sea salt over each piece to taste.
4. Roast both the cauliflower and red pepper. You can do this by putting each into a roasting pan or wrapping them in tin foil and placing into the oven. 400 degrees for roughly 15-20 minutes. Do not burn. If the skin of the red pepper burns, simply peel it off. A little char on the outside is good though!
5. While the vegetables are roasting, chop garlic and shallots. Pour a few tablespoons of coconut oil into a pan over medium to high heat and fry the garlic and shallots until transparent. Do not burn. When the garlic and shallots are close to being finished, throw in a tablespoon of fresh rosemary without the stems.
6. Remove the garlic, shallots, and rosemary from heat. Take 1/4 of the amount you have and set it aside (I like to add a little whole pieces to my soup), put the other 3/4 into a blender or food processor.
7. When the vegetables are done roasting, take them out of the oven. Take 1/4 of the amount of cauliflower you have and set it aside with the garlic and shallots (to leave whole for the soup) and throw the other 3/4 into the same blender or food processor.
8. Put all your roasted red pepper into the blender or food processor with the other ingredients.
9. Add 1 cup of vegetable broth to the blender, and blend until smooth.
10. In a soup pot over medium heat, pour the blended ingredients from the blender into the pot, and add the garlic, shallots, and cauliflower that you put aside. Taste. Add salt and pepper if necessary. Add a stick of rosemary if necessary. If the soup is too thick, add either a little more vegetable broth or a little water (be careful not to water it down too much). Serve!