The Mystery Blogger Award
The Mystery Blogger Award
Wow! A huge blog win for Nutrition Abroad is being nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award and the Liebster Award by Ha Truong, the creative writer behind “Expatolife“, a blog that combines being an ‘Expat’ and ‘Life’. She has lived as an expat in both Denmark and Japan, so understands the struggles that other expats have when first moving abroad. Her blog aims to share her experiences with you on being an expat and traveling the world. Thank so much for the nomination!
What is this “Mystery Blogger Award?”
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.
– Okoto Enigma, creator of the award from www.okotoenigmasblog.com
3 Things About Myself for the Nomination
1. If I could go back to school and study a different career path, I would have chosen Wildlife Conservation. It’s a secret passion of mine and a dream job!
2. I have been a vegetarian for 12 years, and love to try vegetarian food from around the world! The recipes on my blog focus on vegetarian dishes. I will admit though, its not always easy being a vegetarian in many countries!
3. I get excited about airplane food. Even though the dishes are often terribly unhealthy and not even tasty, I still get excited when the food cart is being pushed down the aisle. What will my options be?
My Answers to Ha Truong’s Questions for Nomination
Why did you start your blog?
I had recently just graduated with my Master’s degree in Nutrition and was looking for a way to share easy to follow, nutritious recipes with people to inspire them to live a healthier lifestyle. I also wanted to find a way of connecting this to my passion for travel. A few weeks later and www.nutritionabroad.com was born!
What is your best achievement in blogging?
This one! I have never been nominated for any awards before in blogging. Also I am clueless when it comes to computer technology, SEO, HTML, etc. I have learned so much this year just by teaching myself using YouTube videos. I am pretty proud of that!
What has been the craziest things you have done while traveling?
I might have to say riding a motorcycle taxi in Bangkok (and without a helmet!) This is the most convenient way to get around the city and I have done it hundreds of times! I actually don’t recommend it to people because it is extremely dangerous but I guess you get used to it! A few years ago CNN published an article titled “The 50 most dangerous experiences to have before you die”, and riding a motorcycle taxi in Bangkok was #17.
If you could start blogging again, what would you do differently?
I would learn more about SEO and understand analytics before I started. Every time I learn something new I have to go back and edit all my previous posts. It’s time consuming, frustrating, and takes time away from all the articles I want to write now! I would have taken a class in blogging for sure.
My Best Blog Post
As of right now, our post on “5 Reasons to Visit Lake Atitlan in Guatemala” has been very successful! If you or someone you know is interested in traveling to this beautiful country, make sure to check it out!
Are you a blogger wishing to share your blog and be nominated for this award? Contact me here!
My Questions for Nominees
1. If you could give one piece of advice for fellow bloggers, what would it be?
2. What was the most rewarding experience you had while traveling?
3. If you could recommend one country for people to travel to in 2018, what would it be?
4. What is one thing about you that no one would know from looking at your blog?
5. What is your biggest fear when traveling?
The Rules of the Mystery Blogger Award
1. Put the award logo/image on your blog
2. List the rules.
3. Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
4. Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
5. Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
6. You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
7. Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
8. Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
9. Share a link to your best post(s)