Fresh Broccoli and Feta Salad
A nutritious dish that can be put together in under 15 minutes. The fresh broccoli and feta salad is light and crispy. The broccoli and sunflower seeds give it great texture, while the feta cheese adds a bit of creaminess to the dish. Could even be served with crackers or toasted bread as an appetizer.
What You Need:
Peppers – preferably red, yellow, or orange
Shallots or Red Onion
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper
Raw sunflower seeds
Note: Amounts of each depend on individual preference and how much salad you want to make
Directions for Fresh Broccoli and Feta Salad:
1. Dice up all your vegetables (broccoli, peppers, shallots, carrots, and purple cabbage) and put them into a large bowl.
2. Chop fresh parsley and mix well.
3. Add sunflower seeds and mix
4. In a separate bowl, add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, salt and pepper. Stir well.
5. Add sauce slowly to the vegetables, making sure to mix thoroughly.
6. If you added too much balsamic vinegar, just add a bit more olive oil and honey to balance it out.
7. Add feta cheese only when you’re ready to eat! If you add it to the whole dish, the purple cabbage will stain your beautiful white feta cheese!