5 Minute Flourless Pancakes
Everyone loves pancakes for breakfast, or maybe even dinner. But if you’re like me, you can’t eat them without that sickeningly full feeling afterwards, and an instant desire to go to sleep. Pancakes are a heavy breakfast item, and not something I would ever recommend. They are basically just plain carbohydrates, and not the good kind either. They are the simple carbohydrate, the kind that is immediately turned into glucose and unfortunately, into fat for storage. Add maple syrup on top and you’re bound for a heavy sugar high and high insulin release. There are times though, when you’re craving that delicious taste of pancakes, probably more for the maple syrup than anything else.
Instead of reaching for the flour, try this super quick and easy recipe for flourless banana pancakes. You won’t get that full feeling afterwards, and feel great to start your day.
- What You Need: 1 serving
- 1 Banana (1 additional banana if you want to add it as a topping, or any other fruit for a topping of your choice)
- 2 Eggs (organic preferably!)
- Honey or 100% Maple Syrup
- Mash 1 banana and 2 eggs together (I throw mine in the blender for a few seconds)
- Mix in a half teaspoon of lemon juice or a few drops of fresh lemon
- Add cinnamon amount of your choosing
- Cook like regular old pancakes
- Top with fruit and honey/maple syrup